Dim sum is a modern Chinese dish that has gained worldwide recognition, due to its unique taste and one bite portion. Dim sum frozen chicken and shrimp in particular, is a favorite dish for urban communities. This is because, featuring a nice mix of fresh prawns and flavorful chicken. With the increasing demand for dim sum globally, opening a chicken and prawn dim sum franchise presents a tempting side of the business.
Dim sum made from chicken and shrimp itself is a traditional dish made from steamed dumplings and filled with a combination of chopped shrimp and chicken meat. Usually served with soy sauce and peanut sauce, opening a dim sum franchise priced at around 1000 is worth a try. Because, this street food has a stable market demand, this authentic Chinese food is quite familiar to most people’s tongue. Shrimp chicken dim sum business offers a unique dining experience.
Profits of Shrimp Chicken Dim Sum Franchise
Owning a dim sum franchise offers several advantages for aspiring businessmen looking to start a business in the food service industry. Here are four advantages of having a dim sum franchise:
- Established brand recognition : A dim sum establishment has an established brand reputation, this will help attract customers and increase sales. There are four distributors to choose from, the first is Kaybun dim sum, the second is dim sum 88 and the last is dim sum Mbledos mer and dim sum 9 dragons.
- Systematic business model : The dim sum business offers a systematic business model, this reduces the risk of failure for prospective new business owners who are still learning. Just choose the dim sum business package or you can just become a local dim sum reseller.
- Marketing support : The franchisor provides marketing support, including advertising campaigns, social media marketing as well as offline marketing.
- Ongoing training and support : This means that as a franchiser you can receive ongoing training and support from the franchisor, including site selection, lease negotiations and store design assistance.
Requirements to Open a Dim Sum Franchise
The 1000s dim sum business on the street is a logical choice when entering the month of Ramadan, for example, because dim sum dishes can be used as an economical iftar meal. To pioneer the sale of street food dim sum, especially the shrimp chicken flavor. You need to meet the requirements of the franchisor, including :
- Minimum capital : Dim sum distributors usually require initial capital to use their franchise services. This includes equipment, inventory, marketing and material costs.
- Location : The franchisor will ask the franchiser to get a suitable location prior to approval. The location needs to be in a high traffic area with good visibility and accessibility.
- Completion of Training: Franchisers also need to complete the training program provided by the dimsum franchisor. This training can cover everything from financial management of a food business to customer service, food preparation and marketing.
- Compliance : Franchisers are prepared to comply with all legal requirements, including obtaining licenses and permits and following health and safety regulations.
- Franchise Agreement : Prospective franchisers also need to sign an agreement outlining the terms and conditions of the franchise dim sum. This agreement usually includes details about the capital deposit, ongoing costs, operations and licensing costs.
- Brand Rules : Franchisers also comply with the standards and guidelines set by the franchisor, including the use of names, logos and trademarks.
Cost of Opening a Shrimp Chicken Dim Sum Franchise
The cost of opening a dim sum franchise can vary depending on several factors, such as location, capital costs and the cost of equipment and supplies needed. Starting a dim sum business doesn’t need to actually rent a shop, because you can just use a street food dim sum cart to sell it on the side of the road.
The following is a detailed breakdown of the estimated costs required for a 1000s dim sum business :
- Franchise fee USD $2.000 – 4.000
- Equipment and furniture USD $1.500 – 1.800
- Infrastructure repair USD $700 – 850
- Material supplies USD $2.000 – 2.400
- Marketing and advertising USD $1.000 – 2.000
- Culinary business permits and licenses USD $500 – 1.000
- Professional service USD $5.000 – 7.000
– Franchise fees represent up-front costs for licensing the chicken and prawn dim sum brand and receiving support from the franchisor. Fees may vary depending on the level of support provided.
– Equipment and furniture costs can include everything from kitchen equipment to dining tables and chairs or carts.
– Infrastructure improvements may be required to renovate the space to meet the needs of the space.
– Supplies costs can range from groceries to paper products and cleaning supplies.
– Marketing and advertising costs ranging from creating a website to organizing events and distributing flyers.
– Licenses and permits are required to operate a chicken and prawn dim sum franchise and may vary depending on location and type of business.
– The cost of professional services ranging from legal and accountant fees to hiring a consultant or contractor for room and premises refurbishment tasks.
How to Open a Dim Sum Franchise
Starting a street dim sum business requires careful planning and preparation. For that, here are the steps that need to be taken :
- Do some initial research : Make a business plan by researching the various dim sum franchises closest to your location, to determine which one has a franchise price that fits in your pocket. Choose from these three franchise distributors, Nine Dragons Dim Sum, People’s Dim Sum and Surabaya Dim Sum.
- Prepare follow-up financing : After you have chosen the franchise, secure further financing to cover the business costs of the dim sum business.
- Approve the agreement : If the first two steps are ready, then agree to the franchise agreement, this will outline the terms and conditions of the business.
- Take training : As a franchiser, you need to attend a training program provided by the franchisor to learn about the operations of running your dim sum business.
Prepare a shop or place: Next, prepare a shop or place with a cart according to the franchisor’s specifications and guidelines. Choose a location that is busy and lots of people passing by.
- Get licenses and permits : Meet all the necessary business licenses and permits to run a food service business in your location.
- Marketing : Finally, implementing a marketing strategy to attract customers and increase sales.
How to Market Dim Sum Products
Marketing is the spearhead for any business, including the chicken and shrimp dim sum franchise business that you are in. So that everything goes right and as it should, apply the following four marketing strategies:
- Social media marketing : You can leverage social media, such as Facebook or Youtube to promote your franchise and engage with customers.
- Local store marketing : Also take advantage of Google Business services as a local store marketing strategy. Or you can use manual methods, such as distributing flyers and offering promotions to attract customers.
- Loyalty program : Also offer loyalty programs and discounts to reward repeat customers and encourage return customer retention.
- Ordering via online : Make an offer to purchase services online through websites or delivery services, such as Uber, Shopee food and Grab food. These third-party services can make it easier for customers to order via smartphone from their homes.
Create your own character and differentiate your dim sum franchise by offering unique menu items or friendly customer service, to stand out from the competition. Also inform about the latest food safety regulations that you have and apply flexible dim sum marketing strategies. Also maintain open communication with the franchisor and ask for guidance from experts in the culinary field, and lastly, continue to learn about food business management.